Combining personal storytelling with insightful analysis, Today in Focus is The Guardian’s daily podcast that takes you behind the headlines for a deeper understanding of the news, every weekday. Create a team-library of text such as answers to common questions, contact info and more to save time when replying to reviews. Decide whether to get daily, weekly or monthly reports to see how your scores are trending over time.
- Other publications frequently compile lists of their favorite podcasts.
- If you’re already committed to any podcast app, it’s going to be hard to switch simply due to sheer volume.
- To remove a single episode, tap the three lines next to the episode.
- HomePod Mini comes packing a U1 chip – the silicon that appeared in Apple smartphones with the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro last year.
- Smart speakers, such as the Google Home, have become a popular way for people to listen to podcasts.
- Overall, the Google Podcasts app is a very neatly designed app that manages to put everything in one place and still not look too daunting a prospect to tackle.
The problem is that Google Home will play the latest podcast by default so you will have to use the previous command to go back to the one you want to listen to. It will not begin with the first podcast on the list but the latest one. Listening to podcasts on Google Assistant-powered smartphone offers the same experience. The same commands that worked on Google Home will also work here.
The Happiness Lab
Pod Wrangler offers good recommendations based on users activity. This podcast app is a perfect choice for both listeners and creators. Well, CastBox has a blockchain-based approach of rewarding content creators for their efforts.
Carmen also tells listeners the meaning behind her podcast and what exactly she was thinking when she decided to take the leap of faith to create it. APK 9 We’re proud to be home to some of the best production talent around — a team of people who make incredible podcasts for our 3 original networks. Bring your podcasts anywhere with Stitcher for iOS, Android, Web, Alexa, and Sonos.
Thehorsefeeduk Episode 25
But after spending some time with the new app, I must admit I’m disappointed. , effectively breaking audio and video podcasts loose from the iPod app where they’ve resided since the iPhone’s early days. Both Google Podcasts and Pocket Casts are solid podcast apps, but Pocket Casts has so much more to offer. If you are just starting, try Google Podcasts first as it is free and pretty good. If you are a power user or just looking to replace your old podcast app, try Pocket Casts.
A better user interface, superior playback controls, easier management of downloads and notifications, etc., make it the clear winner. Subscribe to a new show in Google Podcasts, and I get to decide if I want to auto-download or receive notifications whenever a new episode hits the shelves. I can also visit the Settings panel in Google Podcasts to manage my auto-download settings and notifications for each subscribed show. Tap on the playback speed icon, for example, and you can actually perform minute adjustments rather than rely on the presets.